Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What's in a name??

Why is this (now "on", now "off") blog named what it is?
And what exactly is my biking philosophy??

"Now, now, now", you may say, especially if you have had a drink with me and listened to me holding forth on biking philosophies. Well, I have grown up too, mate. I do not any longer have a biking philosophy. After all, we could again debate what I am saying here sometime, somewhere with a glass of spirits in our hands, but believe me when I say that when most of us speak of biking philosophies we just extend our biking egos into refined speech.

Today, at this stage in life, I sincerely believe that everyone who has time and money will ride. At the most basic level, it has to do with the overall change in the Indian milieau - better roads, better communications, better roads and of course the sudden realization that "biking" is the "hip" thing, travel is a "mantra", etc :-)))

Today, I also believe that I personally am addicted to the road, that I get my biggest highs only when I have an open stretch in front of me, or when a blind curve rears up ahead. And I would also say that there are any number of such addicts around, all waiting to put together the time and money, plotting their next big rides.

In my own way I have also had to contend with the temptation of crowning myself the "first". LOL, I am just being naughty here, though I am the first in my family to go to Ladakh. And I was the first among 40 odd bikers to reach the specatcular Belum Caves.

And if you are already wondering why I am saying this or what exactly I am saying, let me put it this way.

My only biking philosophy is, "Ek Desh, Do Pahiyey".
Do ride on and ride safe mate, for it is your country too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home